Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Life and Death of Turf Toe Fantasy Football







(Think of James Taylor’s Fire and Rain)
Just yesterday morning, they let me know you were gone
Turf Toe the plans I made put an end to you
I walked out this morning, and I wrote down this song
I just can’t remember who to send it to (because you’re a blog)
I’ve seen Manning, I’ve seen Brees
I’ve seen Chris Johnson runs that I thought would never end
I’ve seen Randy Moss pout like he didn’t have a friend
But I always thought that I’d see you again.

It is with some sadness that I announce that the blog I started just a few short months ago, Turf Toe Fantasy Football, has died (been deleted).

After a great deal of success in the fantasy football realm over the last several years, I decided that I was going to start a fantasy football blog. I had read the experts opinions and formed my own draft and ownership strategy, which lead me to make the semi-finals in each of my four fantasy football leagues. Though this did not result in any championships last year, I still had a solid year in all four leagues and have still amassed an overall winning record in fantasy football. All of this lead me to believe that it was time for me to strike out on my own and start a fantasy football blog.

I launched the blog in late May, but had planned an official launch for later this month. However, after just three posts, I have decided that it is in my best interests as a husband, father, and fantasy football guru to not continue with the blog. The time commitment is more than I can offer right now. With a long commute, a brand-new baby, potential move, and other such things taking up my time, I don’t think I can truly offer what little readership there might be my absolute best.

The news is not all bad though!

I have decided that moving forward, I will write a weekly fantasy football column on Loose Change and that is how I will get my advice, opinions, and knowledge out to anyone who is interested in reading. This will be released every Friday through football season and beyond if the news and/or demand merits it. I hope that those of you out there with an interest in fantasy football will visit often and help me get my fantasy football fix. Look for my first post next Friday.

So long Turf Toe, we hardly knew ye.

Turf Toe Fantasy Football: May 28, 2010 – July 8, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment